Dust Off with Vitamin C Dust
It is well a truely winter. People are starting to pick up little coughs and runny noses. With that, I came up with Citrus Dust packed with Vitamin C.
I started to try list every ingredient in those effervescent tablets that are supposed to be so good for your immune system.
Never mind the amount of chemically produced ingredients listed in them, the supplement manufacturers are making their vitamin C from genetically engineered corn. The effort of compiling a list of what they ingredient actually do to you body was a bit disappointing and it was wasting my time.
So instead of spending my time trying to figure out what the companies put in their fizzy tablets. I went about to find out how can i make my own Vitamin C supplement as well as it containing its own natural source of rutin, hesperidin, and bioflavonoids.
How do you go about making it?
1. Get ORGANIC citrus fruits, oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits etc.
2. Cut the strips of the peel and let them dry naturally at room temp. You could stick them in the oven at low temp. I wouldnt advise it. This can destroy the nutrients. So just be patient and wait a few days.
3. Leave them alone until they are crisp enough that you can snap them apart. The smaller you cut the peel the quicker it will dry.
4. Put them in a coffee grinder, a NutriBullet with the milling blade, or maybe use a blender. Make it into dust in whatever way you can.
5. Place in a jar and leave in the fridge for when you need it.
I suggest 1 teaspoon a day. You can put it in a smoothie, a juice, or porridge etc.
1 teaspoon of it a day will supply you with enough Vitamin C complex, rutin, hesperidin, and bioflavonoids than your body needs for the day!!